rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's time for....


The Chelsea blogging show!

Haha, just kidding, but in all seriousness, I do apologize for not posting in so long. However, I return with much to say!

As someone who has been following the lolita fashion world since my middle school years, I can't help but feel awful for not owning any lolita clothing of my own. It's not that I don't want it, it's just that....well, there's many worries I have. They're a combination of trivial and somewhat important, and I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking things. But that's all in the past. Now, I've grown quite positive about building a lolita wardrobe that I would enjoy. 

My current goal? Save up enough to afford a dress and some basics from Anna House. I hope the pannier and bloomers from there are good, heck, I hope it's all good. I want to buy some shoes to go with them, but I'm a little iffy, and I'd rather those be a separate purchase, as there could be some fitting ones in some local stores.....

Right after that? Assuming I'm in love with the Anna House dress, I'd like to pull together a full wardrobe with pieces from Bodyline. I have to be cautious, though, as some things from Bodyline aren't the wonderthing they seem to be. I've noticed the stuff with minimal detailing and such end up looking better in person. The prints, though knockoffs, still look pretty cute in their own way. The price for their bags can't be beat, same with most of their socks. I think offbrand is good for buying staples, and I can truly determine without hassle, whether or not lolita is the right fashion for me. Will the beauty fade once I can access the clothes? I hope not!


And so, I begin my money-saving journey for the frilly blue yonder. (And other colors, really.)

0 comments: