rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dude.

Okay, so I know this isn't much of a reason to post, but I just wanted to say that Kyna, your art is still as awesome as always. 


Annnnnnd....

I finished a project in school today. What's odd is that at the beginning of the semester, I found these to take months, while this only took a few days and I'm much more satisfied with it. I this I lose the idea of the piece if I work on it too long. I guess this is motivation to work faster and more constantly. Luckily, I hate not finishing things I've started, one of my few good traits. 


I've started on the AP Art summer assignments already...a month, maybe two months ago?

Oops...I didn't do much, but yeah. 

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear we'll only have to do half the amount I originally thought. Only 5, but of course, 5 very good ones. 

I started with the one inspired by another artist/art movement, but I'm trying to see if Alfonse Mucha is associated with an art movement. I personally think he should be, as his work is so uniquely his, it's awesome. Like, favorite artist ever baby. Favoritttttee. (and sorry I said he didn't have the e at the end of his first name earlier, I just don't know why I thought that.)

Alright, I looked up his Wikipedia. Here's what it says:
"Alphonse Maria Mucha, first name from the Czech Alfons (24 July 1860 – 14 July 1939), was a Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist, best known for his distinct style and his images of women. He produced many paintings, illustrations, advertisements, and designs."


Man. I want to be remembered like that. That's everything I want to do, right there. I mean, I wouldn't say I'd want to draw exclusively females, but you get the idea I'm conveying, yeah?


Anyway, I'll post the sketch of what I'm thinking of doing in just a second. It'll be in the next post!



3 comments:

Joey said...

5 pieces of art over the summer?

That sounds like a really easy assignment.

Is that to go along with the book? Or is the book one of them?

MissTreat said...

Well, we could incorporate the book with them if we want. There's a list to choose 5 pieces from, I can show you when you get here. :)

It's not easy when you're putting tons of effort into them...

Anonymous said...

Thank you ;w;

Those five pieces will help you a ton. 8)